3D Printing and Design Workshops
3D Printing is growing globally at such an alarming rate, there's never been a better time to learn and get involved with 3D design and printing!
Next Available Dates
2-Day Junior Programme: TBA
5-Day Intensive Programme: 2nd of April, 2018
"The future will be made by designers and makers, NOT consumers"
There's never been a better time to learn 3D design and printing! 3D Printing is growing globally at such an alarming rate, the future will be determined by the makers and designers of today.
Step inside the design and maker community with this 2-day or 5-day workshop of designing, modelling and 3D printing your very own creation which you can take home with you! This intense and exciting workshop for children and adults is new in Lagos Nigeria and would take place throughout the year so keep a look out for the next available date.
The 2-day workshop is tailored towards children (From ages 12+) or Adults who have no experience whatsoever with 3D design.
The 5-day workshop is more detailed and is tailored towards young adults particularly in polytechnics and universities who have a strong technical background.
An intense, exciting and hands-on workshop that will take participants through the process of designing, modelling and 3D printing their own ideas. The course covers:
- Introduction to 3D Printing
- Types and properties of 3D printing materials available
- Introduction to 3D design software and modelling
- Exporting designs for 3D Printing
- Advanced modelling techniques (5-day Course only)
- Optimising 3D models for 3D printing (5-day Course only)
- Understanding the language of 3D printing (5-day Course only)
- Operating a 3D printer (5-day Course only)
Why 3D Print?
3D-printing is a rapidly emerging technology used for both rapid prototyping (creating prototypes for research and design purposes) and rapid manufacturing (creating the end product that will reach the market). This course will introduce students to the concept of computer-aided design using 3D modelling software that is both free and easily available.
After the Course
Students will to continue to receive help and guidance from a dedicated support group when designing their own models at home. They will also be given instructions on how they can order their prints to be delivered.
- Students will be required to come with their own Laptops.
- Special arrangements can be made on an individual basis if the student does not have access to a Laptop